GREENFIELD INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL
March 27, 2020
Dear GIS Families:
While we normally do not have a Cougar Connection over spring break, there are some important items to pass along.
As we get moving into our eLearning phase next week, please look for a brief video coming to your inbox Monday morning with a few more eLearning details!
Have a great weekend!
A Few Important Items:
– (NEW) eLearning – This coming week teachers will communicate an instructional plan and a schedule of his or her office hours to you. Please be patient with them as we work to get better at providing access to learning opportunities for students and families. Teachers will be available during office hours and on email to deliver information and content. Monday (3/30/2020) will be a waiver day for students so there will be no lessons or learning opportunities sent to families. Beginning on Tuesday, March 31 through Friday, April 3, teachers will push out learning opportunities to students each day and be available for identified office hours. Beginning the week of April 6, new learning opportunities will be made available for students on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. No new content/opportunities will be pushed out on Wednesdays, but teachers will maintain office hours that will be communicated by teacher.
– (NEW) Food Service – For the time being, this service will continue on Mondays. Please see the attached flyer for more information on this opportunity for GC families.
– (NEW) Technology Support Clinic – The GC Technology Department will have a “drive through clinic” at GCHS for parents who need chargers, device swaps, etc., or for devices that may have become broken or non-functional over break. They will host the clinic at the main GCHS entrance on Monday from 1:00-3:00pm. Please follow the instructions when you arrive.
– (NEW) AskRose Homework Help – This may be an even more important resource in light of our current situation. Trained Rose-Hulman tutors provide free help to students in math and science. This support is available Sunday-Thursday, 7:00pm-10:00pm (877-Ask-Rose), and they have now added the hours of 12:00pm-3:00pm to accommodate eLearning needs.
– (NEW) Assistance Requests – If you need assistance or have a concern, please contact your child’s teacher or our school guidance counselor Kimberly Hunt. Phone calls to GIS are not currently being answered. Mrs. Hunt can be contacted by email at email@example.com
– (NEW) Quarter Three Report Cards – Slight change here. Quarter three report cards will now be available for viewing on Monday, April 6th in the PS Parent Portal. Please take some time to review this with your child when these become available.
– (NEW) Profile of a Graduate – Greenfield-Central has identified characteristics we would love to see in all our students by the time they graduate from high school. We call the collection of these characteristics the “Profile of a Graduate.” I’ve attached a digital copy of this document for you. Each month, GIS focuses on one of these characteristics. Throughout the month of April, we are discussing Teamwork. Please continue to speak with your student about this month’s topic to make that connection at home.
– (NEW) 6th Grade Choir 2020-2021 (Info for Current 5th Grade Students) – Please see the choir sign-up sheet for more details. At this time, we would ask that you email Mrs. Beuoy at firstname.lastname@example.org if your child plans to participate in this Cours next year. This is important so we can start building class schedules for next school year.
– (NEW) 6th Grade Band 2020-2021 (Info for Current 5th Grade Students) – Mrs. Basso has created the list of interested students. We will work on rescheduling the instrument testing once things return to “normal.”
– Lunch Schedules – As a reminder, here are the times lunches happen during the day. They can be a little confusing because lunch times are different on Blue and Gold days. Our lunch times are as follows:
- 4th Grade – BLUE Day (11:05-11:35) / GOLD Day (10:25-10:55)
- 5th Grade – BLUE Day (10:30-11:00) / GOLD Day (11:10-11:40)
- 6th Grade – BLUE Day (11:55-12:25) / GOLD Day (12:10-12:40)